Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Can someone translate this please?

In a true piece of regulatory gobbledegook, I just received this e-mail from the credentialing authority at my institution (Name withheld to protect me from a libel suit).  It's hard to believe that this was written by someone with at least a high school education.

Someone needs to go back to grammar school to learn how to structure a paragraph.

Quote:

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

On behalf of the medical staff office, joint commission and myself as the credentialing coordinator for the XXXX department of XXXXX, I am advising you of the following new requirements when requesting appointments/reappointments/privileges at other institutions or within any of the health system's facilities.

 All applications must have a dated CV indicating month/day/year format when accessible, month/year format will also be accepted and current photo ID (drivers license or up to date passport).

 

Your cooperation in this matter will be appreciated.

End Quote:

1) Since when is a date on a printed or electronic document not accessible?

2) Are they asking me to include a government issued identity document? What am I supposed to do if I don't have a driver's license or passport?

Posted via email from Dr. Mom's Posterous

1 comment:

sonixgirl77 said...

I would like to offer comments regarding your questions. I am a law student and currently studying for the Feb. bar exam and am not yet licensed. It should also be noted that I am not sitting for the NY bar. Please take my response as merely comments and not legal advice.

Response 1. I believe the month/date/year format is about your work experience on your CV of previous jobs worked. "When accessible" refers to those who those who cannot recall the exact day which their work was performed.

Response 2. They have not expressly asked for a government issued ID, just a current "photo ID" nevertheless, they did indicate a driver's license or passport. If you want further clarification, you should call them to clarify whether they only accept a government issued ID or not.

I would like to thank you for speaking on Twit's Tech News Today, as I am a big tech fan! I went to your blog as a result of your appearance on show 159. If you would like to contact me please email me at sonixgirl77@gmail.com. I think you are awesome because you are a Dr. and a Mom and a blogger!