Sunday, October 18, 2009

My New Dream Win7 Machine!

After months of waiting, nursing my old, dying WinXP machine, I can finally order my new Win7 PC.
Here are the specs for the new machine, let me know what you think and anything I should add or remove. BTW, I went with Win7 Ultimate so that I could get the XP virtual machine compatibility mode. Take a look and see if you have any suggestions for things to add, change and/or remove.


Specs:

Studio XPS 9000 Studio XPS 9000

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate, 64bit, English

Studio XPS 9000 Intel® Core™ i7-950 Processor(8MB L3 Cache, 3.06GHz)

Memory 9GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz - 6 DIMMs

Keyboard Logitech Illuminated Keyboard

Monitor Dell 23 inch SP2309W Widescreen Flat Panel with Webcam

Video Card nVidia GeForce GTS 240 1024MB

Hard Drives 1.5TB Data Security RAID 1(2x1.5TB SATA 7200 RPM HDDs)

Media reader 17-in-1 Media Card Reader

Rear ports IEEE 1394a

RJ45 10/100/1000 Network port

Line-in connector

Front L/R line-out connector

Back L/R surround connector

Side L/R surround connector

Center/subwoofer connector

Microphone connector

USB 2.0 (4)

eSATA

S/PDIF connector

HDMI ports

Front ports USB 2.0 (4)

15-in-1 Card Reader

Headphone port

Microphone / Line-in port

Mouse Logitech Performance Mouse MX - Dell only

Modem No Modem Option

Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 9.0 Multi-Language

Optical Drives Dual Drives: Blu-ray Disc (BD) Burner (Writes to DVD/CD/BD) and DVD+/-RW

Sound Card Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

Speaker Dell AX510PA 10W Attached Speaker for Dell Flat Panel Monitors

Network Dell 1505 WLAN PCIe card with11n mini-Card & external antenna

Office Productivity

Software (Pre-Installed) Microsoft® Office Small Business 2007

Security Software Norton Internet Security™ 2009 Edition 15-months

Entertainment and Editing

Software Adobe® Acrobat® STANDARD 9.0

Entertainment and Editing

Software Adobe® Photoshop® Elements + Adobe® Premiere® Elements



1 comment:

DebbieJRT said...

Sounds nice, Lil! I'm still in the research stage of buying a new machine. I just realized a couple of weeks ago that my desktop is over 8 years old! Way overdue for a new one. I'm giving some thought to buying a serious gaming rig-they look so cool!