- 8 cups cauliflower florets (from 2 medium heads of cauliflower)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups coarsely chopped leeks (white and pale green parts; from 3 large)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted matzo meal
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup almonds, toasted, chopped
Cook cauliflower in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain; transfer to large bowl and mash coarsely with potato masher.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks and sauté until tender and just beginning to color, about 5 minutes. Add leek mixture to cauliflower. Mix in matzo meal. Beat eggs, 1 tablespoon parsley, 1 tablespoon dill, salt, and pepper in small bowl to blend; stir into cauliflower mixture.
Brush 11x7-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil. Spread cauliflower mixture evenly in prepared dish. Mix almonds, remaining 7 tablespoons parsley, 7 tablespoons dill, and 2 tablespoons oil in medium bowl to blend. Sprinkle evenly over kugel. (Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake kugel uncovered until set in center and beginning to brown on top, about 35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.