- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce* (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
- 2 tablespoons Asian sweet chili sauce*
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 9 ounces (250 grams) bean thread noodles**
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 cooked peeled deveined medium shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts (about 3 1/2 ounces), rinsed
- 1/2 English hothouse cucumber, very thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, torn if large
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 red jalapeño chile with seeds, sliced into thin rings
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted peanuts
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
**Clear dried noodles (also known as cellophane or transparent noodles); available in the Asian foods section of some supermarkets and at Asian markets.
Whisk first 5 ingredients in large bowl to blend. DO AHEAD Dressing can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
Place noodles in another large bowl. Cover with boiling water. Let stand until softened, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool; drain well. Insert scissors into noodles; cut several times. Transfer to bowl with dressing.
Add tomatoes and all remaining ingredients, except peanuts and lime wedges, to noodles; toss to coat.
Divide among 6 plates. Sprinkle with peanuts; garnish with lime wedges.