- 1 1/2 pounds large sea scallops, side muscles removed, I use frozen but be sure that they are completely thawed
- Fleur de sel or coarse kosher salt, not regular table salt you need the large grains for this dish to work
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 large green onions, chopped, white and green parts separated
- 1 12-ounce container cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon mild Spanish paprika (pimentn dulce)* or Hungarian sweet paprika
Rinse and drain scallops; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops; sauté until browned outside and just opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer scallops to plate; cover. Add 1 tablespoon oil to same skillet; add white parts of green onions and sauté until almost tender, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and green parts of onions and sauté until tomatoes begin to burst and release juices, about 5 minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoons parsley, lemon juice, and paprika. Return scallops and any accumulated juices to skillet and stir just until heated through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer scallop mixture to platter. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley.
This is good to serve with rice or a pasta like orzo to soak up the juices.